COVID-19 UPDATE (click to expand)
In light of the new closures and mandates by Governor Reynolds, we are implementing new measures in order to do our part to keep the community, our clients, pets, and employees safe. Our goal at this time is to reduce the number of staff members in the building, as well as the number of people coming through the building.
Effective tomorrow morning and extending through April 11, 2020, we will now be operating under the following changes:
- We are changing our hours:
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Saturdays 8-1:00pm
- We are suspending all grooming and boarding appointments. We are continuing to keep any boarders we have currently in our building throughout the entirety of their stay but will be canceling all other reservations. We will not be making any new reservations until after April 13.
- We will be performing surgery on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and are limiting procedures to those that are causing pain for our pets, are emergent or are time-sensitive, such as fast-growing tumors, etc.
- We will be limiting appointments to medical and emergency issues only, and will only be allowing vaccine appointments for those rabies vaccines that are due in this window of time. We will not be scheduling appointments for heartworm tests, leptospirosis, fvrcp, dhlpp, lyme or other vaccines. However, if your pet is due for a rabies vaccine within the next 30 days AND due for other vaccines, we will be happy to update the other vaccines at the same time.
- We will continue to administer Proheart 12 and allergy injections, as these are time-sensitive, and addressing medical concerns.
- We are not accepting any ARL adoption wellness appointments at this time but will honor the free exam for the next 6 months.
- We will continue to schedule progress exams, including ear rechecks, thyroid tests, liver profiles, etc, as these are ongoing conditions that need monitoring.
- We have suspended behavior consults and puppy classes at this time.
- We are no longer accepting technician appointments for nail trims or other routine items.
We currently are still allowing our clients to enter the building, and we continue to take extra cleaning measures between all appointments. If you feel more comfortable waiting in your car, we understand. We are exercising social distancing within our appointments as much as possible, and are refraining from shaking hands or hugging.
We are asking our clients to please limit one person per pet, and not bring children with you, if at all possible. If you have had any unexplained respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath, or have had a fever within the past 14 days, please stay home. We are asking clients who have traveled within the past 14 days to stay home as well. We reserve the right to ask clients to stay in their car if respiratory symptoms are noted.
If you are sick or have traveled within the past 2 weeks, and are concerned about your pet, please call us before coming in, so we can arrange to meet you at your car.
This situation is constantly changing, and we are working diligently to keep up with these changes, in order to provide as much safety as possible as we continue to provide care for our pets and their people. We will keep you all informed as policies and procedures change to keep up, both through email and our facebook page, and by phone as appropriate.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email. We are experiencing a larger than normal call volume during this time, so ask for your patience at this time. We know this is a very scary and unsure time for all of us, and we are here to help how we can.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
Dr. Amanda Gigler and Katie Reynolds
Owners of Ankeny Animal and Avian Clinic
At Ankeny Animal and Avian Clinic, our mission is to improve lives: the lives of our patients, our clients, and our employees.
Our goal is to strengthen the human-animal bond by providing unmatched client service and patient care. We do this through open and honest communication, compassion, enthusiasm, and teamwork. We welcome input and feedback from our clients as well as our team members and are constantly working to improve.
We are not just another veterinary clinic. We are your partner in your pet’s well-being.